Saturday, September 20, 2014

My 23rd B'day!

This year was definitely the year I realized I no longer care that much about birthdays anymore. I have grown out it and learn not to expect anything from people. A simple gathering or sharing session is more than enough because I have learn to enjoy the company of being with my friends. Or perhaps doing YouTube has made me realized that support and simple words of encouragement means a lot to me compared to fanciful celebrations/presents. 

To have friends remembering my birthday is something very precious. On the other hand, I don't know how many of my friends got reminded of my birthday through Facebook. I remember all of my friends' birthdays because it's a simple way of saying you do matter to me. 

These are just some snippets: 



 Ravioli. 
I call it wanton.




I am going to try avoiding eating waffles in cafes or anywhere else because I have a waffle machine at home! My bro and I are almost there in terms of making the perfect waffle!




Thank you K :)


I managed to spend my special day with D. She planned everything which was very touching. She knows I love Korean food and I have been craving for it every single day since I'm back. This is the second time for her trying out Korean cuisine with me! I was really afraid that she didn't like it because she's a fussy eater ;) But I think she was okay with it!


Korean BBQ! 

We ordered a set which serves 3 portion of pork belly and a portion of chicken. Obviously I had all 3 portions of the pork belly! Again, I never fail to amaze her with my appetite.

 Psssst, she's a small eater and she always skip a meal before our meet-up because she knows she HAS to finish her food whenever she's out with me. 



Her complimentary present for me because she was late and I cannot wait to see how my actual gift looks like! 

The pens are so cute! Look at the animals as pen caps! 



A birthday selfie!



D really knows me well. She went shopping the other day with a friend to look for a birthday present for me. She rejected all of her friend's suggestions because it didn't suit me. Let me write down what she shared with me:

- I am not that girly. Flowers, heart-shaped stuff, overly pink stuff are not my type. 
- She knows I never like my presents to be wrapped. (It's a waste of paper and don't expect my presents to you to be wrapped because I suck at wrapping presents.)
- I don't like stuffed toys. 
- I don't have a favourite colour which made matters worse for her. 

We had a lot to share with one another and I appreciate everything that she has done for me. I'm really touched that she was eating the entire time! Korean BBQ to Waffles to Coffee.

She's full when she has finished half of her food. 3/4 would be the max. 

Thank you D for spending the day with me.
(And to all my other friends who have celebrated with me, though there were no photos but I just want to thank you too.)

I then head home for a steamboat dinner which was awesomeeee. 
And this to end off my entry:



Chocolate cake, checked ;)

(He was testing out my new phone and trust me, this is just 1 out of the gazillion shots he took.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...