Saturday, April 2, 2016

Rediscovering my love for Jesus


Last year was another memorable year for me, many things happened but most importantly, I rediscovered who Jesus is.

I've been a church goer majority of my life but I have never felt the spark. In 2015, everything started to change. I attended a new church and my life has totally been transformed. I've never felt so eager to attend church service on Sundays, I've never been so excited, constantly waiting for Sunday to come again every week. My attendance for the whole of last year was close to 100% for attending church services on Sunday. It's amazing and I've never felt so hungry for the Word.

Occasionally on Sundays when I do take a nap, I find myself waking up and started thinking "OMG. DID I JUST OVERSLEPT AND MISS CHURCH SERVICE?!" I would get so upset and then when I start to give myself a few seconds to calm down, I'm like "Oh, right. I've already attended service in the morning! Silly me."

Yes, I get very upset if I'm unable to attend church service. There was once my alarm didn't ring (*oh Andriod*) , I got so upset because I was already late! But thank God, I was really blessed and was still able to make it in time to attend service.

I'm able to quote bible verses here and there which to me, is a very big deal. I didn't have to try on my part, it just came to me. I've never wanted to hear a pastor preach so much! Even now, on my way to school or to any place, I would be listening to sermons. Sometimes, I find myself listening to the same sermon more than once! At the start of every day, I watch portions of sermon because it fills me up and prepares me for the day ahead. I am hungry for the Word. At times, I even attend two services on a Sunday because I want to hear more.

For those who are interested in wanting to know what Resurrection Sunday is about, here's a video:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...