Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Gifts






Growing up, I was never associated with such adjectives and phrases. I was quiet and still am now because I'm the kind of person that doesn't initiate a conversation but if you were to ask me something, I will definitely respond to you more than just a one word or line answer. I would need a bit of time to warm up but trust me, I will definitely answer you because I know the struggles of trying to break the ice and be at the receiving end of just a "yes" or "no" respond.

I didn't really talk much when I was younger because I have different thoughts and perspectives towards issues and that if I were to voice it out, I would seem "different" or "weird" as I didn't fit into society. Perhaps, this is why I'm quiet. 

I am also a very timid person, trust me, and to see the word "boldness" and "courageous" listed there was more than delightful. To some, I may be considered as a very brave person because of the drastic or rather big decisions that I made in my life such as leaving everything and just headed to Korea. My second thoughts usually come after I have made a decision which at times can be risky but I like it because I never like to waste so much time being fickle minded. 

I guess when it comes to major life decisions, I can be quite brave and adventurous whereas for decisions on where to eat and all tends to be a little different. I wouldn't say entirely different because if I wanted to eat let's say a.... "Soft Tofu Stew", I would really go all out to eat it! The only two obstacles that are stopping me is probably money and being accommodating to the other party. 

Okay, the timid portion relates to such things and situations:

1. Elevator doors (My bro just loves to enter the elevator slowly just to see me freak out.)
2. Animals
3. Theme parks (I am that friend who waits for you to finish a ride while munching on snacks. Then again, I wouldn't even want to pay to enter the theme park :\)
4. Toaster (The part where you bread pops out of the toaster.)
5. Loud sound effects (I kid you not when I say get frightened easily by this especially in theatres no matter what genre of film I'm watching.)


It was definitely nice to know the gifts that people see in me because we are often stuck with the mindset of "I'm not talented in any way." or "I don't have any good qualities." etc. Each and everyone of us has different gifts and they all differ! It doesn't matter if your gifts are different from mine because that is what having individual gifts is about. 

Everyone of us find or realise our gifts at different stages in our lives. For me, I didn't start out to be very good at dancing, in fact I was told that I would have a hard time catching up with the rest of the class because I didn't have a background in ballet. I guess I was already very determined at a very young age so I started to remember what I learned in class and practised in my room whenever I came home from school. I gradually got better and started receiving compliments from my very strict dance instructor. Even though I have improved over the years, I still label myself as a slightly above average dancer. 

I may not be like those professional dancers you see on YouTube or on television but I guess I'm creative in a unique way. For an example, besides expressing myself through dancing, I expressed it through lip-syncing because I... some sort of able to feel the emotions that the singers are portraying through the lyrics and the song itself. Lip-syncing comes very natural to me, so this is why you see it in all my videos.

I'm really thankful to these gifts that people see in me and I know certainly that I have more not listed here. I thank God for the gifts and I declare more to come as I continue to grow and mature! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...