Saturday, July 30, 2016

Praying bold prayers

Hello!

I recently bought a book, "It's Your Time" by Joel Osteen and I would like to share a couple of paragraphs to anyone who is reading this.


"Dare to ask.

Maybe you're struggling in your health and you could easily learn to live with it. But deep down inside something says, "I'm supposed to be well. I'm supposed to be free from this pain."


Dare to ask.


Or maybe you have a good job. But in your heart of hearts you know one day you're supposed to own your own business. Don't settle where you are. Every day just say, "Father I'm asking for supernatural opportunities. God, give me ways to bring this dream to pass."


It may not happen overnight, but stay in faith. Scripture says to ask and keep on asking. Knock and keep on knocking. If we have to ask for twenty or thirty years, we should keep asking, keep believing, keeping hoping on in faith.


Proverbs 28:1 says: "The righteous are as bold as a lion."


Keep your faith flowing even when there is no hope in sight. Dare to dream big and pray boldly, especially - yes, especially - when there is no hope in sight!"


(Osteen 2009, 80-81)



If you are going through a tough time, or if you are waiting for a breakthrough, remember to pray bold prayers. Even when your situation seems bleak and nothing seems to go right.. Just trust in the Lord. Declare that you will win over the battles in life and place your trust in God. 

I have been impacted so much by this book and I am not even halfway there yet! I'm really glad that I bought this book because if you know me, I really cannot read at all. I can't remember when was the last time I finished reading a book. I was never a fan of reading, really. 

I was prompted to share this because I hope that it would guide you in life as much as it has guided me. To anyone who is reading this, God has great plans for you and all you need is to call upon Him.

Have a blessed weekend!

Edna 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...