Thursday, July 25, 2013

School and more!


Hello!

Mid-term tests ended several hours ago and I'm back to update. Yeah, it has only been 4 weeks of school and we had mid-term tests! Results are going to be released tomorrow and I'm just hoping I would get a pass. To get a pass here you need to get at least 60% overall. There are 5 sections, speaking, simple comprehension, answering short ended questions, reading(oral) and listening. The grammar is driving me crazy @.@

Yonsei University focuses a lot on grammar which I don't really like because I don't really need it. I just need to know how to communicate and survive over here, that's all. Yonsei University is ranked among the Top Universities over here. Ranked 16th in Asia, of course cannot beat NUS(2nd) lah. I'm considering switching to Sogang University because it focuses more on one's speaking ability rather than grammar. Yonsei University is for students who are intending to pursue their Degree or Master's over here which is why they are focusing so much on grammar. 

Anyway, let's move on!



A shot of the class list! I had a hard time searching my name because my first name has always been in front. I went like "Die lah, they missed my name out is it?" It was only on my third attempt that I managed to locate my name out of the 12 class lists.




My name in Hangul.




My very first meal in school! This Kimchi stew was very sour :(




OOTD for the first day of school.



Ordered Mac delivery! No delivery charge, simple happiness :)




Breakfast from a pushcart stall while on the way to school. This is just half of a portion. $1.50 for this omelette sandwich!



A few cafes and eateries located at the basement.






Jeju Island Bento Set, $5 :)






Nature, ahhh.





The founder of the school. 




Very simple lunch for $2.50.

Now, where's my meat?





Another canteen located in the Global Lounge. 


This is what happens when I requested my bro to help me take a OOTD shot. Trust me, there were like 15 shots when I got my phone back, this is just 1 of them.



Free post-its!



And another random shot of me unlocking the door. 

NO KEYS NEEDED, Digital Door Lock FTW!!! 





My cute notebook :)


Baked rice for lunch at the Western canteen!


I went to FOREVER 21 located in Myeondong a couple of weeks ago! This branch re-opened after undergoing some renovations and I went on the re-opening day itself!





It was packed! As usual, the queue for the fitting rooms were super loooooooong. Thankfully, I'm used to not trying on clothes so I don't need to queue! ^^ 

And the clothes I bought fitted perfectly!



Went to have bbq for dinner! Hyuna, Hara and Hyolyn on the posters!




Tried Cold Noodles for the first time and I like it!








Bought pillows from Daiso on the way home!


I bought a mattress on G-Market and it became a problem:



Look at the space between my chair and bed. 

I could barely get in and have a seat... Therefore, I requested for a refund. 


And look at the mess. 



Then, I started looking for an alternate option...


SOFA BED IT WAS.

It arrived last week so it meant that I have been sleeping on the floor for about a month? I somehow got used to it. How thankful was I when my sofa bed arrived. *tear*

All is well now, ahhhh.


I don't have a picture of it right now, you will probably see it in the next entry! ^^


Bro and I had bbq for dinner sometime ago. There are quite a number of Korean BBQ restaurants around my area, so no fret if we get hungry during the night!






Seaweed rice! You will be a given a glove and you gotta start mixing everything up. Once you're done, start eating!!



 Help yourself to the free flow of side dishes!



Then chocolate ice-cream for dessert!



Another shot at the Western canteen! Just wait patiently for your number! 





 Pepperoni pizza!



Snacks I got! 



And more random stuff:




Cafe in school!



A nice jiejie gave me this notebook :)



Oh! This is how the trash bag over here looks like. You need to purchase these bags to throw your trash over here in Korea. You can get them at any convenience store. It comes in different sizes as well.

White bag: General Waste
Yellow bag: Food Waste

Thing to note: You need to purchase these bags from a convenience store around the area you're living in. 

Why?

Your trash will be collected ONLY IF you're using the right trash bag! The name of the district you're living in will be printed on the bag. And if you move from a district to another, you CAN'T use your old trash bag. 

More info about clearing trash, read here.



Ramyeon (maggie mee) in school! 


Stuff from Daiso!




Pork cutlet with rice! 



Bibimbap!



After school on a Friday....




Popcorn chicken for $2!




Near Edae.


Bought this for my bro for his birthday present!

*ahem*

Mine's coming! Anyone needs my address? Would love to receive letters/postcards from Sg! ^^




Loots the other day!

 Both cost <$10 each.

Yep, tell me about it! 



<$8 for the pimple cream!


 Egg roll! 


Received this as a newcomer gift in church! 

Yeah, let's just say I met a nice oppa who brought me to church :) 




OOTD.


Have yet to listen it!





Yep! BBQ AGAIN.



Had a class lunch the other day too! 



 OOTD.

I finally own a transparent umbrealla!!!!!! 
3 bucks!

It's pretty common for people to carry an umbrella like this over here. When it rains, it RAINS FOR A WHOLE DAY. ALMOST. 

When it starts drizzling, you will soon find the streets filled with umbrellas. No joke. It's like within a few seconds, you see umbrellas everywhere. 

No one is without an umbrella. 
YEP. 

.


Went to arirang tv station the other day to catch "Simply K-Pop"! It is a music show like "Music Bank" etc. Thanks to my classmate for the ticket! 


 Sunny Hill.

A-Pink and Eli!!


So this is how the studio and the behind the scenes look like.




LED Apple.






Scramble eggs and sandwiches for breakfast everyday!







And udon we tried which was not that tasty :(




And I really like how the people over here dare to do stuff alone. 

They are not afraid of being alone. 




Instant glass noodles!


Just a few tee shirts my bro bought from Threadless.



 Celebrating a classmate's birthday!



Ahjussi's birthday! ^^



In every language possible! 


Me and Pichaya ssi! 



Class photo with our class teacher! :D



Then, they went off to have another class lunch but I went to catch "Pacific Rim" with my bro.




Comfortable couches for you to relax while waiting for the movie to start!


And yep, BBQ for dinner again!



Peanut shaped tteokboki on the right!






Ordered a bottle of beer to share!



Went to a church event and these 5 girls were performing K-pop dance! 




Dinner after that!


And another dinner together with the friends I made at church! A fusion of Chinese and Korean cuisine.



Banana ice cream!
It's frozen banana milk, like our air batu in Sg.




An extremely spicy and tasteless bowl of ramen :(


Super Junior and Girls' Generation cards! 

YES YES! 

I have a SNSD debit card in my wallet! ^^

I wanted to get SJ's design but it was orange and it didn't match at all therefore I got SNSD which was pink and pretty!!





 Ginseng Chicken at Hongdae! 



Street performers!




I have a extremely cute teacher, really really cute. My goodness, I can't believe she's so adorable.


Cereal in a cup!


Our class had another class lunch, this time Sichuan cuisine!






You can never go wrong with 3 layer meat.



Dinner at a Chinese eatery!




THEY HAVE MANCHESTER UNITED TOILET ROLL OVER HERE.

REAL THING, NO LIE.




Had dinner at "Little Cuba".





We were craving for western food so badly, however this didn't satisfy our cravings. 






Earrings and snack from a sweet unnie :)


I'm sorry, BBQ for dinner AGAIN.





Mul Nengmyeon! 




And more snippets of food:








 Matcha patbingsu to end this entry!

Alright, gotta end here! It's past midnight over here already! Hope everyone is doing well in Sg!

Take care! :D



3 comments:

  1. Hi Edna,

    We tried to look for your email contact but it does not seem to be available on your blog. So we are contacting you via a comment.

    On behalf of the National Library Board (NLB), we would like to invite you to pledge your blog to the Singapore Memory Project (SMP).

    We find that your entries about daily experiences as a Singaporean in Seoul would be a great addition to the Singapore Memory Project.

    We think your blog would offer a different perspective. Whether your posts are an account of your daily life or an expression of your thoughts, our project hopes to find a home for these memories so that it can help build a ground-up understanding of Singapore.

    If you believe memories are worth preserving, simply pledge your blog here.

    The SMP is a national initiative started in 2011 to collect, preserve and provide access to stories, moments and memories related to Singapore. For more information about this initiative, you may wish to contact Mr Patrick Cher at patrick_cher@nlb.gov.sg or read the FAQ.

    Yours sincerely,
    Krishna Mawani

    [Simulation Software & Technologies (S2T) Pte Ltd. is the officially appointed vendor for SMP for the period Nov 2012 to Dec 2013.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Edna,

    Really admire your spirit to seoul and study and live life there. So eggciting. Hope you are doing great! I am a Singaporean going to Seoul and busan in Dec for 2 weeks alone. I do not know how to speak korean so would it be hard for me to communicate with the Koreans over there?

    Cheers, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY!!

      Thank you for the encouragement. I'm doing fine over here!

      Wow! That's very brave of you to travel alone! I like that!
      Hmmm, I think you should equip yourself with simple phrases! Like "How much is this?", "Where is the toilet?" etc, survival kind of sentences! You can search for videos on YouTube, it helps!

      Hope this helps!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...